Thursday, September 7, 2017

Looking to the Future

This photo that was taken of my son and daughter-in-law looks to me like they are both looking out to what the future holds for them. I used Kaisercrafts "Lilac Whisper" paper collection for the layout. I cut 4 strips of the various papers from the collection that were widths from 1½" to 2¼". Going from the right of the layout to the left my first strip I taped right to the background paper. I had some thin chipboard which i used to pop up the next strip of paper. Before laying the next two paper strips down I added two small doilies one to the side of the top of the paper strips and one to the bottom. I taped the next two strips of paper together and doubled up the thin chipboard to pop up those two pieces. I cut two tags from a couple of the other papers and laid them sideways down the left side of the layout, sliding them under the last two paper strips. 

Now to start adding my embellishments. I used one of my dies to cut out the branch & leaves which I tucked here and there on the paper strips. I added a heart flourish chippie which I had covered with gesso then sprayed with some Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst spray to give it a mauve color. I cut out and added one of the tag labels from the paper which I added over the tags. I also cut out some of the flowers from the "Opal" paper and poped them up with some carboard and added to the top right corner of the photo. I added flowers from my stash and a pretty Prima butterfly. To finish of the layout I added some black paint drips and splotches. Here's the finished layout. TFL!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment