Sunday, October 30, 2016

Don't be a Tool Round Robin

Over at Swirlydoos the Round Robin for October is all about using our scrapping tools for our projects. It really is quite amazing how we tend to forget about a lot of our scrappy tools. The tools that I used were my sewing machine, compass (which I used to draw the circle I was going to sew), glue gun, Prima distress tool, heat tool and of course my paper trimmer but that one doesn't count for this RR. 

After I was happy with the design of my paper layers and glued them down, I used my compass to draw the circle that I was going to sew. I didn't want a perfect circle just wanted to give me a base to follow. Then I also stitched around the edges of the background paper. Again not sewing it straight. I then used my distress tool around the edges of the background paper.
 I used some rub ons for the flourish, tiny dots and few small flowers around the page. It is a bit hard to see on the finished layout but in the top left and bottom right corner of the background paper I stamped a corner stamp using versa mark and then some gold embossing powder and used my heat tool to set it. I cut a small piece of hexagon chipboard and painted it green to pick up the green in the papers. I added some cardboard to the back of my photo to pop it up and placed it where I wanted it. I added my flowers, adding a blue bow to the two flowers on the top side of the circle. The butterfly I printed out on my computer, cut it out and then added glossy accents to it, let it dry and once it was dry I added the tentacles that I made out of wire. Here's the finished layout. I'd love to hear what you think of it. TFL!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment