Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sketch contest

Happy Wednesday everyone. Just a reminder that the big sketch contest is still going on over at "My Creative Scrapbook" sketch blog. Pam is again offering another awesome prize to be won filled with so  many goodies, I hope you'll all have a chance to join in. Here is a copy of this  months sketch:




Yesterday I received my "Home for the Holidays" kit from Websters Pages and couldn't wait to dive into all the Websters goodies, so I decided I'd use some of the papers etc for my entry into the big contest. The photo's I used are of my granddaughter that I took while we were helping my sister out at a craft fair last month. We decided to take a little break and go outside and do a bit of a photo shoot with all of the fall leaves that were on the ground!

These yummy papers are from Websters Your Life Beautiful "Waiting For" collection. I did some distressing on each layer using my distress tool and some Tim Holtz Distress inks in "Brushed Corduroy". The Websters "Bloomers" in green went perfect with the papers for this layout. I had some lime green chipboard letters that I used for the "Fall" in my title but I took some crumpled plastic wrap and patted it onto the distress ink pad then just sort of stamp it all over the chipboard to give a bit of a distressed look. I used some of the Websters "Story Teller" alphabet stickers that came in the kit for the rest of the title. The red and green buttons I added were from my stash. I apologize for the photo, it's a little on the blurry side. Thanks for stopping by and having a peek and I hope you get a chance to stop by and enter the contest too!

5 comments: