Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Graduation Time

Well it's that time of year again, all the teens are getting ready for their graduation from high school and embarking on the next leg of their journey. My friend has a niece graduating this month and asked if I could make her a card for her niece. I really like the nice straight lines that black and white papers can give you on a card so I thought they would be perfect for a grad card.

My card base was cut at 4¾" x 6¾" and for the first layer I used black card stock cut the same size. For my next layer I used a black & white patterned paper cut at 4½" x 6½". I used a piece of white paper that had some black swirls through it cut at 4¼" x 6¼". I just happened to find a package of black, white and silver flowers in my stash (that I found at a second hand store for 50¢ -score!). I took the flowers and layered them to make three flowers with some pretty centers which I used on the top right corner of the card. I then used one of my die cuts to cut the "Congrats" for the card then added the year. I printed out the head and cap silhouette, which I sell in my graduation digital scrap kit here: Graduation Digital Kit. I'm quite happy how it turned out, here's the finished card.

No comments:

Post a Comment