Saturday, August 20, 2016

Summer Love

As you can see in this photo of my son and his fiance that they have water behind them. Although this is not the ocean, it's a lake on the mainland called Harrison Lake I still decided to use the Couture Creations "Sea Breeze" collection. I just kept out any ocean type things on the paper not on the layout. 

For the background paper I used one of the pieces that  looked like wood strips. I distressed and inked the paper. I then took one of the pieces that was a light blue color and tore a large corner piece and added that to the background paper after I distressed and inked it. I then used 4 of the bottom strips off of the papers, distressed and inked them and laid them from top to bottom of the background paper. I then cut two pieces of the paper from the collection, one approximately 2" x 9" and one 1¾" x 9" and cut them both like a banner at either end. I distressed and inked both pieces and laid them from left to right on the layout. 

I matted the photo with one of the dark blue papers from the collection and then added a piece of cardboard to the back of the photo to pop it up on the layout. I added some Prima flowers from my stash along with a small metal bird in a bird cage and then added the sparkly chipboard title "Love" to the layout. Here's the finished layout.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment