Thursday, August 18, 2016

Island Time

I hope everyone is having a great weak as well as beautiful weather. Here in Campbell River, BC (on the East coast of Vancouver Island) we are in a major heat wave. We broke a temperature record here when it reached 33 Celsius today. Thank goodness we live by the ocean and many lakes, the beaches were pretty busy today, that's for sure!

I decided on scrapping this photo of my son and grandson fishing last year when my dh took them fishing. The layout is a fairly simple one but I like the way it turned out. I basically used Kaisercraft's "Coastal Escapes" paper collection for this layout, along with one other piece of paper from my stash, the ones with the fish, they went perfectly with these papers. 

 Lately I seem to be into cutting papers in a banner shape and this layout was no exception. I distressed and inked all of the papers in this layout. I also used some Prima flowers from my stash along with shells from our beaches here and a bow using some seam binding that I hand dyed with blue ink from my stash. Here's the finished layout, TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment