Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Cool in the Pool

Finally getting to a few of my old photos that I've been wanting to scrap. This one is from 2001 of my granddaughter when she was about 1½ on one of the blowup water toys in our pool at our old house, she's now almost 20 (April 4th) so yeah this photo's old, lol. I can't tell with her face if she's happy or nervous on the orca, either way I just love the photo!

I used the Stamperia "Blue Land" paper collection for this layout. This paper collection can be used for a winter/snow layout, as I did on an earlier layout, to this summertime/pool layout. I went through all the papers and picked out the pieces I wanted for layering along with some tags. I distressed the background paper and all of the paper for the layers. I played around with the papers until I got the design I wanted and then started taping everything down. I took the photo and popped it up with some cardboard. I have this drawer in my craft room that is full of different colored Thickers letters. I had some blue ones that would have been a perfect color for this layout but....of course when I'm pulling out the letters I didn't have enough of them for my title! That's okay though I just painted them all white, which actually worked out because there is so much blue the white looked a lot better. I added my own handmade larger flowers then some white and navy blue rose buds. I added some white paint splatters and called it done. Here's the finished layout.
I'd love to hear your comments! TFL!

#scrapbooking #scrapbook #scrapbooklayout #layout #handmade #handmadeflowers #summer #swimming #swimmingpool #pool

No comments:

Post a Comment