Friday, March 15, 2013

Swirlydoos March Card Challenge

So this month for the Swirlydoos Card Challenge we have six teams! I am the first one for team 6 so I got to come up with the card that the others in our team will lift. So here are the twists for this months challenge:
#1. Create a, Peek -a - BOO/ Slide Out, element on your card.
#2. Use some sort of frame. (handcut - diecut - crafter's clay - resin - stamped)
#3. Everyone loved Miranda's Metal foil tape tutorial for the UDC, so I thought it would be nice to use that technique.

So amazingly enough I managed to get all three of the twists into my card!
 So I have a pull out tag that you can see at the top that you can write a little note on or add a photo, my butterfly is made with the foil tape and I used one of Pink Paislee's frames which I died with teal chalk ink.I liked doing all these twists so much I decided to do them for my son's birthday card!
So if you lift up on the tab on the Happy Birthday (which of course is made with foil tape) there is another message saying "Make today awesomely fabulous!", which would be my Peek-a-Boo element and my frame is another one of Pink Paislee's frames which I used some "Vintage Photo" distress ink on and laid it over my clock, which just happened to be almost the same time as my son was born! So tomorrow is the reveal date for week 2 so I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. Pop on over to Swirlydoos and check out the "Challenge" forum. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment