Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Prima Rondelle Collection

I am absolutely in love this line of Prima papers! In fact I've been hoarding these few papers that I was able to find. I kept wanting to use them but then I'd think "Oh, no - what if I can never find them again!"  I'm sure we are all guilty of doing this at one time or another, lol. So the other night I decided it's now or never and pulled out the Rondelle papers, got out the photo I wanted to scrap and away I went! Here's the finished layout..
For my background paper I chose the "Etude" paper.  I distressed all of the papers with my distress tool and some Vintage Photo Distress ink. With having most of the paper black I wanted to try out a bit of molding paste on here using this cool ribbon I bought the other day. It's that ribbon you can buy to use when your making things like wreaths at Christmas with all the holes in it. I thought it would be perfect to use as a stencil. Here's a photo of the piece I used.
So this is the white circles you can see on either side of the background paper. I then took a paper doily from my stash and cut that in half to lay under the other layers of paper. For the top 6"x6"paper I used the "Gavotte" paper. I then cut a 9" x 1¼" out of the pink polka dot side of the "Cabriole" and the same size piece out of the "Cottilion" paper. I cut a "V" out on one end of each of these papers and staggered them as shown in the photo. Once all of the papers were glued down I added a piece of black lace and bow to the 6"x6" piece of paper.

I took my piece of "Cabriole" and fussy cut out the flowers and hummingbird from the left side of the paper. I took the hummingbird and scanned it and took it into my graphics program so that I could mirror the image and then printed it out on cardstock and cut that out so now I could have the hummingbird on the left side of my layout. I placed my photo, which I added some cardboard to the back of it to give it some dimension, where I wanted it on my layout and then proceeded to place my flowers where I wanted them. I had the sheer grey fabric flower from Prima in my stash and I new it would be perfect for this layout. I used some small Prima black roses and the pink ones I made using my Heartfelt die and matching stamps. I also used some pop dots on some of the fussy cut flowers and also the hummingbird. I added a small Prima "Say it in Crystals" flourish from their Tea Thyme collection. The journaling card was one of the "Friday Freebies" from Prima. I also added a small key above the photo and my layout was done and I am really pleased at how it turned out. Here are a couple of close ups...

 

 

1 comment: