Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Meg's Garden "Ode to a Summers Day"

Good morning all! I just wanted to share a couple of projects I made using the new papers from Meg's Garden.

I love these new papers from the “Ode to a Summer’s Day” collection by Denise Ann. For this layout I used “A Summer’s Day”, “A Summer’s Dance” and “A Summer Bouquet”.  I distressed all the papers on this layout with my distress tool and also some Vintage Photo distress ink by Rangers. I die cut the Summers Day paper and then laid that down on a piece of pale green card stock and another piece of paper from my stash.

For the pieces under my photo (yes that’s me way back in 1955, lol) I cut one of the corners off the Bond 25 Square doily and used some of the distress ink on that. I then cut a piece from the top left of the Summers Dance paper (to get the paper that was more of a red color) and then a smaller piece of the Summers Day 4” strip (so it was a bit darker green shade).


The Summer Bouquet paper is definitely made for fussy cutting! So I fussy cut three pieces of the flowers from the paper to lay around the photo. I then took one of the white gardenias and inked it with Fired Brick distress ink and laid that down over the fussy cut flowers along with two of the Lilac & Lavender paper roses.
To finish off the layout I used some green alphabet stickers from my stash and outlined them with a fine tip black sharpie. I know you’ll love working with these new papers just as I do, TFL!
Materials Used from Meg’s Garden
Paper - P6333 A Summer’s Day
            P6336 A Summer Bouquet
            P6337 A Summers Dance
Bond 25 Square White Doily
Lilac & Lavender papers roses
White Gardenia

Other Items Used
Pale green cardstock    
FabScraps Victoria Tree paper
Vintage Photo distress ink
Fire Bri8ck distress ink
Distress tool

For my next project I used the new “Ode to Summer’s Day” collection for this card. I thought that the image of the man and woman would be nice for a card that could be used at anytime of the year to give to someone you care about.

I cut the base for my card out of a pale green cardstock which, when folded in half would make a 5” x 7” card. I cut the bottom 5” x 7” out of the “Summer’s Dance” paper. What I love about these papers is there is the 4” x 12” strip of matching papers to the 12” x 12” sheet which is perfect for when your making cards, you don’t have to cut into that pretty 12” x 12” piece, you can save that for a layout or another project. So I cut out the image of the man & woman out of the 4” x 12” strip of paper, which would be 3” x 4”. Out of the 4” x 12” strip of a “Summer’s Day” I cut a piece 5½” x 1 ¾” and I then used  a piece of Green Toile paper that I had in my stash approximately 4 x 1 ½. I distressed and inked all of the papers and laid them out as shown in the photo. I added a strip of lace down the left side of the card and added one of the white Meadows flowers and used two of the Dusty Attic leaves in the top left corner.

Materials Used from Meg’s Garden
Ode to Summer’s Day
Buds of May P6335
A Summer’s Dance P6337
A Summer’s Day P6333
Flower – mead Meadows
Lace L2920
Leaves da810
Green Toile  P6295

Other Items Used
Mini alphabet letters
Green Alphabet stickers
Green rhinestones

Well I hope you like these projects and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment