Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A few more layouts

Well one thing when it's a rainy weekend it gives you time to scrapbook. My first one I did was another one for the pet challenge layout at MCS. This is our youngest cat Lucky. He's like the perfect Halloween cat, when he sits in the window sill looking out at the world he has such a regal pose. In the one picture here he's sitting in my office and looking out at all the snow coming down outside last winter. He looks like he's looking at me and saying "Mum, make it stop", lol.

This next one is my granddaughter, Mikayla, from when they were visiting and we were camping. She was trying to keep her hair out of her face so she put a pony tail in it but put it on the very top of her head so she looked like she had a tree growing out of her head. She kept calling it her crazy hairdo, lol. 

I used a paper doily on this layout but did not dye it or anything, I just left it white. Then I cut a pink circle the size of the center of the doily and stamped it here and there with a flourish stamp. The pink flowers I believe are Prima ones that I had in my stash and in the center I glued a ribbon flower that I had made awhile ago. The other pink flower on the bottom right is another one of my tissue flowers. Did some punching and used some Rangers ink to dye the lace. I was actually pleased out how it turned out.


I figured I would use up some of the left over paper from this layout to make a card. I used this cute outline from Charmed Cards & Crafts which I took into my Paint Shop Pro program and colored. I just love this cute sleeping fairy and use her quite often in my cards. I did a lot of stitching with my sewing machine on this and the inside of the card uses the same papers but is left blank for your own personal message. I also outlined her wings and flower head band with Stickles glitter.


 This next one is one of my favorite pictures of my granddaughter, Mikayla, when she was 3 years old. She loved to wear hats and she was showing off her newest one to me that day. I just started receiving scrap kits from MCS and this was my first layout using these beautiful papers from Prima's "Annalee" collection. I don't think that Prima could ever come out with anything that people didn't just love..their flowers, paper, flourishes - I want them all! LOL

Well the weather is suppose to be nice for the next 3 or 4 days so I'll be out doing my garden trying to get everything cleaned up before winter decides to set in, so no time for scrapping at least until the evening if I'm not to tired. I hope everyone is having a great week so far. TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment