Saturday, May 22, 2010

Windows to the soul

I've been having fun making this wall hanging for my daughter. This is another picture of my daughter that her friend took, I thought it was kind of cool and needed a special layout. I just picked up a cheap canvas frame from the dollar store and cut out my papers and then used modge podge on them before I added everything. I painted the scroll frame that I cut out of thin card board with Distress crackle painted and then inked with distress ink. It's kind of hard to see the crackle effect in this picture. Inside the ornate frame (which is from Tim Holtz) it says "The eyes are the windows to the soul." The dangly (is that a word?) things are from a pair of earrings from the dollar store that I took apart and then inked with Rangers ink. Thanks for looking and I hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment