Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May Sketch Challenge


This months sketch challenge by Julie Bonner at My Creative Scrapbook just seemed to fit perfect with a photo I was wanting to scrap.I already had my background page picked out but wasn't quite sure what else I was going to do with it so when I saw the sketch I was quite happy!

I have had this background paper for ages and never seemed to have quite the right picture for it. I'm one of those scrappers that see a pretty paper and have to buy it - even though I have no idea what I'm going to do with it, lol. I really do have to stop doing that but I'm sure there are a lot of you out there that do the exact same thing.

Below is my version of the sketch. If you notice one side of my layout is not scalloped. The reason for this is that my page protectors in my scrapbook are not quite 12 inches wide so I keep having to cut about a ¼ " off of my layouts so they fit. Believe me, it is very annoying! I should have taken my picture before I cut the one side off but unfortunately I didn't - what can you do!
Anyway back to my layout..I've used some pretty Prima flowers that I just purchased while visiting my kids. I used stickles glitter for my flourishes.

My sister gave me this cute little garden peeker for Christmas and I've been waiting for our weather to get better so I could put him up on my pear tree. finally last week the weather started to get so much better so I finally got to put him up. Isn't he just the cutest little guy?

I'm off to bed now but I hope everyone had a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment