Monday, March 15, 2010

Paper Roses

I'm sure many of you have seen a tutorial on making pretty paper roses with a six petal punch. The first time I saw this was on Tim Holtz blog. Now that I have joined My Creative Scrapbook one of the very talented ladies there, Gabrielle, has posted a step by step tutorial on how to make these. These are so easy and amazing how cute they are when your ll done. You can find Gabrielle's tutorial here:
http://mycreativescrapbook.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=1743&st=0
I believe she also has it on her blog which I have a link to in "My Favs" on the side panel here on my blog.

My only problem I had was I didn't have a 6 petal punch so I ended up making a template for one but it tends to take up time as you have to trace it out, cut it etc before you can even start making the roses. So today I went off in search of a tutorial for making these using 5 petals, as I have a cricut machine and a "George" cartridge which has 5 petal flowers. I was so happy to find actually a few video tutorials on "You Tube" for this so I thought I'd share the links here to them. The one nice thing about using the cricut to cut these is you can make them all different sizes. I've posted a picture below of the ones I have made. The small ones were made using my six petal template. The larger ones are using my cricut machine. The first one I tried I cut at 2½", then I decided to do the others at 2", which I liked a little better for what I wanted them for. Have fun playing!

Here are a couple of links for you to these tutorials (there are many more though).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edApDLVUWSw&NR=1&feature=fvwp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcCBOA10mq8&feature=related


No comments:

Post a Comment