Thursday, November 22, 2012

Meg's Garden DT project


As soon as I saw this “Green Toile” paper from Meg’s Garden I knew it would be perfect for this photo of my grandson that I took in a small Japanese garden at one of the parks where they live. I felt that the dark pink flowers in the photo brought out the bits of pink in the paper. I was telling my grandson he looked like a movie star trying to hide out from his fans with the sun glasses he was wearing…hence the title for this layout.

I love doing fussy cutting on my layouts and these beautiful papers just scream “fussy cutting” to me. So I cut out the matching flowers from the 4” x 12” strip to pop up with foam down on the matching flowers on the right side of the paper. To frame my photo I took one of the pretty square doily papers (bond25) that Meg has and cut two of the laced corners off and then laid them together to make a square diamond shape and then placed my photo down on top.

For my flower cluster I used the 3 layer white Gardenia’s and the pink/cream open paper roses from Meg’s Garden.  I decided to try to mimic the white flowers in the paper and using some of my yellow scrapping chalk I used a q-tip and colored the center and stamens of the white gardenias yellow. The tiny pink and yellow rosebuds I made – you can find the tutorial to make the rosebuds on my blog here: http://scrappers-heavencanada.blogspot.ca/2012/10/rosebud-tutorial.html
Materials used from Meg’s Garden:
Paper - P6295 Green Toile
- bond25 square doily
3 layer White Gardenia’s
Pink/Cream Open Paper Roses

Other items used:
Distress tool
Distress ink “vintage photo”
Dusty Attic chipboard fountain
Recollections crystal flourish (cut into pieces)
Handmade pink & yellow rosebuds
Butterfly graphics printed & cut out & painted with Glossy Accents
Small pieces of coordinating paper to use behind torn and folded back corner
Foam pop dots
Double sided tape


No comments:

Post a Comment