Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time to Spring Forward!

Well the weather outside isn't very spring like today - crazy winds and rain again. But never the less we have to remember when we go to bed tonight to change the clocks ahead by 1 hour. It sucks that you lose an hours sleep but it's good because it will stay light longer - Yeah!  I love when Spring and Summer comes and you get to be outside longer enjoying the sun shine. I'm one of those people that when it's dark I figure I should be in bed sleeping, lol. All I can say is "SPRING - Bring it on!!"

Well as my sister said "It was only a  matter of time" until it happened. What you say?  Time to do a layout on one of my daily routines. My daily trip to Starbucks to get my "Frapachino" fix - not one of the coffee flavored ones (yuck - I hate coffee) just the chocolate cream based ones. I won't even tell you how much chocolate is in it - but lets just say if I stopped going to Starbucks everyday for one of these I could probably lose about 10 lbs, lol.

I decided to do this layout with some of the papers I had in my stash from the Scrap Cake, their Spring Awakening" collection. I did a bit of fussy cutting of the flowers from one of the papers and popped them up with foam. Then I took one of the blue papers and did some punching on that one to frame my delicious drink (I know I'm sad, lol), and just a strip of the stripped type of paper from the collection behind that and notched it out at either end.. After looking at the paper for a bit I decided to cut out some squares from a couple of the other papers and place them down the side of the page to make kind of a diamond row in the plaid - I think it looked kind of cute and I added some little pink satin roses on the blue squares. I added some Prima flowers and some other little satin roses to one of the fussy cut flowers, added a bow of light mint green organza ribbon.  I added one of the coffee sleeves to the layout. I've had these little tiny blue flowers in my stash like forever and I thought they would be perfect to just kind of dot them around the layout and it just gave the layout that little something extra.  So here it is....the "Great Frapachino" layout! 

I'm thinking I can hear my daughter now saying "Mum, you need to get a life!" - hey when you get to my age it's the little things that make me happy, lol. I still have a couple of other layouts to post but I think I'll do that later or probably more like tomorrow. So have a great evening all and TFL!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment