Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Friday Everyone!

Well it seems I have quite a few layouts that I've done but haven't posted yet. I really don't know where the days go to - it seems like one minute it's Monday and all of a sudden it's Friday again. This never happened when I was working outside the home, it seemed like forever before the weekend would come, lol. 

We finally got some snow here last week. I was so happy because I've been dieing to use these Bo Bunny "Snowfall" papers again. We only got about 5 or 6 cms but it was such wet snow it just made all the tree branches hang down from all the weight of it. In this layout below you can see how the poor branches on my laurel hedge are almost touching the ground. Normally I can't see any of my neighbors homes because our hedge is so high, but not that day. These pics are looking out to our side yard and backyard. These Bo Bunny papers are just so pretty you really don't have to do a lot to dress them up. On this one I took a duplicate piece of the "Words"paper and cut out the "Snowfall" word from it and popped that up with foam on the other piece. Then I cut a circle out of the "Wintertime" paper and laid that down and before taping it down I took a couple of narrow strips from some of the other papers from this line and punched one side with my snowflake punch and also a couple of strips from Little Yellow Bicycle's "Snowy Window" paper and did the same thing and layered them off one side and the top of the circle. I also used the LYB blue paper to mat my photo's. I cut out a couple of snow flakes with my Cricut machine and popped them up on the page with foam dots, added a few small Prima flowers and some glittery foam snowflakes I had in my stash and that was it - not a whole lot of things but you really don't have to with these papers and they still come out so pretty! So here's the finished product. Remember you can click on the pic to see a larger version of the layout and then just hit your back button to return to this page.
 My son was up at Whistler Mountain (where they had the 2010 Olympics) a couple of weekends ago with his girlfriend to go snowmobiling. So of course I had to snag this photo of him so I could do another layout with the Bo Bunny paper, lol. This is my scrap lift of Angelica's (Swirlydoos) "Mystical Winter" layout.I had to improvise here and there as Angelic was using the kit from Swirlydoos and I was just using goodies from my own stash as I haven't started buying the Swirlydoos kits yet but I don't think it turned out to bad. I did a lot of layering and distressing of the papers and a view little "peek a boo" spots where I put some punched paper popping out underneath the rolled edges of the brown background sheet. I think Angelica's layout was awesome and I really enjoyed lifting her layout here. Here's my finiahed piece.


Well I think I'll post the other layouts that I have done tomorrow - don't want to go overboard and bore you to death here, lol. Remember I love to hear your comments! Have a great evening all!

No comments:

Post a Comment