Sunday, October 2, 2011

An aniversary!!

So 13 years ago today that I had my surgery for my breast cancer and I'm still going strong! I can't believe it's been that long ago already. I've had a few other types of cancer in those 13 years but those were all good after surgeries so this was the big one and I'm very happy today.

I did manage to get another layout done that I started yesterday. This was based off of the August sketch from My Creative Scrapbook, which you can see below. I did a lot of machine stitching on the layers here because the colors are so soft I thought they would stand out a bit more. You'll have to ignore the spot on the photo from my camera flash. The papers are some more from The Scrap Cake, I did a little bit of fussy cutting of some of the circle and flowers from the paper. The butterfly I made myself cutting up one of my white flowers so that I had two pieces, each with two petals on them. I colored them blue using my Tim Holtz "Blue Jean" distress ink pad then glued the two pieces together in the middle and for the body I actually cut the stem off of one of my tiny folded satin roses, so the bigger part of the stem was the body then the thin part I bent to make the antennas. I then used some of my stickles glitter "Eucalyptus" color and outlined the wings and put a couple of strips down the middle of each petal. It doesn't look as good in the picture as it does in real life - oh well I'll blame my camera, lol. Of course the flowers are from Prima and the red rose chippy is from one of my scrap  kits from MCS. The title was cut on my Cricut machine. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and having a peek and remember I always love to hear your comments! Have a great week!




1 comment:

  1. Great job on the sketch!!! very pretty! love those soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete