Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The leaves just keep falling........

Okay so I know all the stupid leaves have to come off the trees but you would think they could do it all in one day. Last week I raked up all the leaves in the front yard from our cherry trees, which filled up at least two huge paper recycling bags. Then 2 days later I had to do it all over again. Then I decided to cut back our laurel hedge in the backyard, which I believe I mentioned the other day. So by the time I finished doing that and cutting up all the branches and raking up all those leaves I had 16 huge paper recycling bags for the recycling pick up yesterday. So of course it decided to be windy and raining again yesterday but we we woke up to beautiful blue skies this morning. And what else, more stupid leaves on the front lawn again. So off I go again this afternoon and raked up the rest of those leaves and then I had to pick out all the ones from the flower bed in front of the veranda - which is a pain in the butt because the people who owned the house before us have all those nice little white rocks in the garden. They look nice but it takes for ever to pick the leaves out of it because you can't rake it because of the rocks - grrrr. So now there are only a few leaves left on one of the trees, one more big wind and the rest should be down, thank goodness cause I'm beginning to really hate raking leaves - who invented trees with leaves that have to fall off every year any how, lol. 

Tomorrow is Remembrance Day, which is a stat holiday here in BC - so there will be a parade tomorrow morning to pay our respects to all of those who have died serving our country and all of those who still do serve this great country of Canada and of course our US neighbors to the south as well as veterans everywhere. In the early afternoon we head to the Legion where everyone gathers to raise our glasses to the Vets and enjoy the music.

We usually stay there most of the afternoon but tomorrow I am flying down to the mainland (Vancouver - actually Richmond is where I will be) to visit my kids and grandchildren and on Saturday I am helping my sister out at the craft fair I spoke about a few days ago. I am going to be selling my cards that I have been making so I hope to get a few more done this evening to take with me as well as a couple of my pre-made scrapbook pages and my digital scrapbook kits.

I did mange to make another quick card last night, using my Tim Holtz Santa stamp which I've posted below. Well I better get going if I want to get any cards done tonight. Thanks for stopping by and I hope everyone has a great rest of the week and please don't forget to pay your respects to all of the veterans tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment