Friday, April 13, 2018

New Cards

Not really in to the layout mode so I decided to do some cards up this past week. These are a bit of a lift of a card I think I saw on Pinterest. My card base for these is 4¾" x 6¾" (cut at 9½" x 6¾" & folded in half) this way, since they can tend to get a bit bulky, they should still fit into a 5¼" x 7¼" envelope.

For the two cards I made with Prima's Rose Quartz papers I cut some pink card stock at 4¾" x 6¾" to add to the base card. Note I've distressed all of the papers for these cards. For the "Choose Kindness" card I cut the next layer using the "Midnight Beauty" paper at 4½" x 6½". The next layer I used the "Rose Dreams" paper cut at 4" x 6". I cut out the tag "Choose Kindness" from the paper collection and used some pop dots on the tag and added it to the other layers. I did a lot of fussy cutting of the roses from the "Rose Dreams" paper and added pop dots to those also and then attached them to the top right and bottom right of the card and added a small pink bow as shown. To finish the card off I added a couple of Prima flowers from my stash and added a few small die cut leaves under the flowers. I made the "I Love You" card basically the same but switched the "Rose Dreams" and "Midnight Beauty" around in the layers.



The two cards I made using Prima's "Zella Teal" paper collection were made the same way as the other two cards except for the fact that I also added pop dots to the 3rd layer of paper to pop it up. I also did a lot of fussy cutting of the roses from this paper collection to add to the cards.  Here are the other two cards.

My last card here I made using Graphic 45's "Sun Kissed" paper collection. This was a pretty simple card. I used the same size card base, the first layer I used some peach color card stock to match up with the colors in the papers. I then cut my next layer using the "Sand Dollar" paper at 4¼" x 6¼" and after that I added the tag from the "Kids at Play" paper. I added to the bottom left corner of the card a couple of shells I collected from the beach along with a little Kaisercraft wooden anchor. 

I hope you like the cards and I'd love to hear your comments! TFL!
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment