Thursday, June 23, 2016

Elk Falls

Back in February here in Campbell River, BC Hydro  was letting out 200% more water through the dam and the falls than usual. The Elk falls are amazing at anytime but to see so much power being let out through the falls is just amazing. My husband and I went to the falls back in February to see this and it was totally amazing to just watch this raw power going over the falls. I really wanted to make this layout of the photos fairly simple, yet still see the power of the falls. I was going to try and paint the falls but I'm really not artistic in that way. Then my friend Peggy over at Swirlydoos did a layout to show a beach theme using netting etc to work as the ocean/beach, and I thought what a great idea so I lifted it for my layout using cheese cloth to act as the falls. I was actually quite pleased with how it turned out, not a lot of embellishments, but enough to show the power of the falls.
I'd love to hear your comments

No comments:

Post a Comment