Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Swirlydoos Contest

Okay I have to apologize for being so late in posting this contest but hopefully you've heard about it from others. Swirlydoos is doing a "12 Days of Christmas" contest and each day the Design Team is giving you a quick Christmas project to do and then drawing names/winners. It is already Day 10 today (told you I was slow) so you could still enter for Day 11 & 12. Here's the link: Swirlydoos Blog

I've been so busy that I've  only been able to enter for the past two days but I did try out one of the other projects for Day 6. These are little triangle gift boxes which make great hostess gifts to give to people over the holiday. I filled mine up with Hershey Kisses, here's a few I've made so far, I think I'll be making a few more of these before Christmas. The link for the template from Paulien Van Den Bosch can be found here: Paulien's Template 
The first one I was actually able to enter was the Day 9 "Gift Card Holder" from Amy (Amarilys's), super easy project that is perfect to give those Christmas gift cars in! You can find Amy's tutorial here: Gift Card, Here's my gift card holder.
Today's (Dec 10/13) challenge from Angelica was to alter a matchbook box using some burlap, gesso and a chipboard or wood embellishment. You can find the challenge here: Altered Matchbox My first attempt at this project didn't quite look like what I had envisioned in my head but that's okay. I made the matchbox myself, added some burlap around the box, along with gold pearl stems, feathers, and some gold mesh ribbon. I printed off the Merry Christmas tag on my computer, then a chipboard piece from a past K&Co collection, then dabbed some gesso here & there. Here's my 1st attempt.
For my second attempt at this challenge I didn't make a matchbook as I find it a little hard to work with small things due to having numb hands so I decided to alter a small box that I got some earrings in. I used some green Christmas paper from my stash, wrapped with burlap, then die cut a piece of shiny white paper and added a red velvet leaf and berries which I believe is from Graphic 45. Printed out another "Merry Christmas" tag on my computer, then hand cut a small heart from Tim Holtz grunge paper, painted it a shiny green color and then before it dried added some tiny green beads to it. Added a bit of gesso here & there and I was done. Here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment