Thursday, September 19, 2013

DT layout for Meg's Garden



Hi everyone, here's a quick layout I did using the “Ode to a Summer's Day Collection” designed by Denise Ann for Meg’s Garden. I used the “Buds of May” paper for my background which I distressed using my distress tool and distress ink in Vintage Photo. I also tore the top of the paper down a bit and added a small piece of light green cardstock behind the tear and placed one of my small handmade rosebuds between the tear. To start my layers off I caught off one of the lace corners of the Bond 25 square white doilies. I then cut a strip 8¾” x 1½” from the “Summers Day” paper. The other long strip is actually two small strips of paper cut from the “Summer Bouquet” paper and placed behind the 6¾” x 3” piece of the bottom left corner of the “Summer Beauty” paper to give the illusion of being one long strip. I distressed all of the layers (except the doily) using my distress tool and distress ink.
Here's a close up of the flowers.


I love fussy cutting the flowers from the “Summer Bouquet” papers which I did for this layout and popped them up with pop dots. I then added the white Azalea flower and the two pink roses between the fussy cut flowers. I used one of the butterflies from the “Elements” butterfly sheet and glued it to the layout only down the middle so I could bend the wings up. I cut the “Love” title using my Cricut machine and I was all done!


Materials Used from Meg’s Garden
Paper - P6333 A Summers Day
            P6336 A Summers Bouquet
            P6334 Summer Beauty
            P6335 Buds of May 
Bond 25 Square White Doily
Azaleas
Rose pink open paper roses
Butterflies TR015
 Other Items Used 
Light & dark green cardsrock
Small handmade green rosebud
Vintage Photo distress ink
Distress tool

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. love that paper line, it is so pretty and a great base to your page

    ReplyDelete