Friday, July 5, 2013

New Mini Album

I was watching one of Steff Miller's Prima Video's on Prima's UStream channel using the Engraver Collection and some black paper bags for a cute mini album. I have been hoarding this Engraver collection and so I decided to try making this mini album, but since I didn't have any black paper bags I decided to make it using black cardstock for the background. You can see Steff's mini album on Prima's blog here: Prima

The outside size of my mini when closed up is 7" x 4". I made the black flower using Tim Holtz flower die and a clear gem for the center, I glued it down with one end of my string under it and then used a button from my stash on the side so I could wrap the string around the button to close the album. So here is the front pages of my mini album.
Opening up to first page, the section with writing on the left is about 7 ¾" wide and flips over to the left to reveal the third pages. 
In the middle the piece that says "Fifty Dollars" "Printed by James Davis", which is approximately 4" wide flips open to the right. 

Take the 4" piece and fold it back then you can flip over to the left that middle section to reveal the last pages of the album, the center section has a small pocket and a tag which is blank on one side that can be used for journaling or another photo.
I didn't want to add embellishments to the inside of the album, I wanted the papers to be the embellishments. TFL and I'd love to hear your comments!

2 comments: