Monday, June 17, 2013

Quick Birthday card

Hi all, just a quick card that I made for my sister for her birthday. I used the “Blue Paradise” paper from Meg’s Garden for this card. For my card base I used a light mauve piece of cardstock cut to 10” x 7”, so when folded in half would give you a 5” x 7” card. I then cut a darker purple piece of cardstock cut to 4¾” to 6¾” for my second layer. My third layer was cut (4½ x 6½) from the center of the blue paradise papers which has a faint print of a man and woman on it. I didn’t do any distressing of my papers as I usually do as I wanted it to have cleaner lines to it.

I then cut out the sentiment and the gate using my Cricut machine and placed and glued them down where I wanted them on the card. I don’t know about you but I love fussing cutting the papers from Meg’s Garden, which is what I did with the flowers from the same Blue Paradise papers. It’s rather hard to see in this photo for some reason but I have popped up the flowers with foam pop dots for a 3D look. I also printed and cut out the butterfly graphic and covered it with glossy accents. Once it was dry I glued it down onto the card but just in the center so I could bend the wings up. That’s it, so simple but looks so pretty with these beautiful papers from Meg’s Garden! TFL!'
 

1 comment: