Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beach layout

Well yesterday was spent cleaning my house up after the grand kids visit -it should stay a bit cleaner longer than it does while they are here, lol. I got my butt in gear pretty early this morning and did all my running around doing errands done by about 10:30am.  It's amazing how much you can accomplish so early in the day!

So this afternoon has been some "me" time and I was able to get a layout done of the kids at the beach looking for sea treasures. My grandson found this big purple starfish - he wanted to bring it home but I told him it was still alive and that would be mean to the poor thing. I found these pretty beach papers from Creative Imaginations at my LSS, I thought they were so pretty and would be perfect for this layout. I did a lot of distressing on all of the papers. I got the fish net from a fish netting place in Steveston on the mainland, cost me about a dollar for a piece that's almost 12" x 36" and the little fence I got at a small craft store in the same area on the mainland, it's about a foot long so I just cut off a small piece of it to use and the shells are some we found at the beach. I took some glossy accents and poured a thick coat over the bottom of my grandson's photo and then poured some craft sand I had over it and let it dry - it didn't come out exactly as I wanted but still doesn't look to bad, lol. I also took a duplicate piece of paper and did some fussy cutting on the top left corner and popped it up with foam for a 3D look. If you'd like to see a larger version just click on the photo and hit your back button to return to this page. TFL 

No comments:

Post a Comment