Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Canucks take the first game!

So this is a first me actually watching a hockey game and caring, lol. I'm not a big hockey fan normally but this is different....the Canucks made it to the Stanley Cup and it is so exciting, even for me! Everyone in BC is Canuck crazy right now, heck everyone in Canada! Everyone has Canuck flags flying from houses and cars and wearing their Canuck jerseys - people even have their babies in Canuck Jerseys, lol. So it was a pretty exciting game,  thought for sure it was going into overtime but thank goodness it didn't, just way to stressful, lol. So 1 game down - 3 more to go. Well most people in Vancouver are hoping that it goes to 5 games that way the Canucks would be winning in their own hometown - but I'm pretty sure that no one would be made if they won it in four games, lol. So on to game two and keeping my fingers crossed.

So I was actually doing something while I was watching the game. When I was checking out Paulien Van Den Bosch's blog the other day looking for her tutorial on the May tag that I posted yesterday I found she had another great tutorial for some handmade flowers using "Baby "Wipes". Yup, you heard right - Baby Wipes. These looked so pretty I just had to try making some.

I started the process of making them the other day. I used my Rangers Ink  color "Stream" to dye my baby wipe, which had to dry overnight. Then yesterday I added the "Gesso" to the one side of the baby wipe and let that dry overnight. So tonight  while watching the game I cut out all my petals and added the puffy paint to them. I didn't make my own stamens as Paulien did in her tutorial because I already had these white ones, you see in the photo, in my stash - so I saved myself a step, lol. I made my petals a couple of different sizes and I think they didn't turn out to bad. You can click on the picture for a larger view. Now I'm going to have to try making them in some different colors. So stop by Paulien's blog here: http://paulienvandenbosch.blogspot.com/ and try making some yourself. 

So thank you for a great tutorial Paulien and thank you for stopping by and please leave a comment and let me know what you think! Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment