Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Happy Wednesday all!

Well I got on a bit of a roll yesterday and managed to get two layouts done. I had these beautiful papers from Bo Bunnies "Forever Fall" collection of papers and as soon as I saw them I knew I had the perfect photos to use with them.I'm sure everyone has seen this line of papers by now but if you haven't you really have to pop over to the Bo Bunny website and check them out - they are to die for!! LOL

This first layout is using a photo of my son and his girlfriend taken in their backyard a couple of weeks ago. I just thought the photo was so pretty with all the leaves on the ground and the trees with the leaves all changing color. The background paper is from this Forever Fall Collection, it's double sided and is called "Dusk". The paper was just so pretty I didn't want to cover it up to much so I cut out one of the pieces of the cut outs double sided paper and used that to sort of mat the photo. Before matting the photo I used the piece to trace out another piece of paper the same shape from the red side of the double sided "Dot" paper and then used it behind the matted photo but off set it to the right and up a bit.

I also used one of the journal tags from the cut out sheet and used that behind the two other pieces. I cut out my Title word "Fall" on my Cricut machine and then used some foam dots to pop the letters up off the page. I used some rub on letters that I had  in my stash on the journal tag and spelled out "In Love" so I had a bit of a double play on the word Fall. While digging through my stash for something else I came across this pretty laser cut gate from Dusty Attic and thought it would look quite pretty with the whole layout.

For my handmade flowers I used some brown and some teal blue (to match the background paper) Bazzill paper. I used Gabrielle's water distress flower tutorial which you can find here on Gabi's Blog: Water Distressed Flower Tutorial I remembered I had these other tiny teal rose buds from Prima in my stash and they matched perfectly with the teal I used on my flowers. The flourish is one of Prima's "Say it in Crystals" flourishes, I didn't want to use the whole thing so I just cut a piece off of it and it fit perfect in the left bottom corner. So here's how it all came out:


For this next one of the kids visit to the pumpkin patch I used the Bo Bunny double sided "Bouquet" paper. It was also so pretty I didn't want to cover it all up so I matted the photo in brown and then cut a couple of different lengths of paper from the "Dot" paper using both the red side and the dots. I used the "Perfect Pumpkin" cut out  and then used my Cricut machine to cut out the other part of the title "Finding". I decided to distress all the paper edges but instead of using a brown ink I used one of my small "Versa" ink pads called "Mountain Lake" which was almost the same (maybe a bit darker) color as the blue in the paper. I think it turned out good as it just sort of gave the layout a little something else to draw out the blue in the paper.

I made some more flowers using Gabi's tutorial again, only this time I made them in brown with orange centers. On these flowers I added some "Aqua" stickles glitter to the edges of the petals of these flowers. I used some more of the pretty little Prima rose buds again in this flower cluster. I also added some pretty orange stain ribbon which I tied into a bow and with the long tails I kind of weaved them through the flowers. My leaves are some that I drew in my Paint Shop Pro program and sell in my Fall/Halloween digital scrapbook kit which I sell on my website here: Scrappers Heaven  The little felt pumpkin is from the Making Memories "Spellbound" 192 piece Halloween Embellishment Kit. I have this kit on sale for $5.99 on the website also.

I apologize for the photo on this layout as it got really sunny this afternoon when I was taking the photo so there's a lot of shadow on the photo (not that I'm going to complain when we get sunshine at this time of the year, lol). Well I'm off to scrap some more Halloween photos. Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment