Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy November 1st!!

Seems I'm a little lazy in my blog posting these days. I hope everyone had a safe and Happy Halloween yesterday and hopefully all of your little ghosts and goblins are not bouncing off the walls with to much sugar today, lol. We only had about 17 kids last night, which is just a few more than last year. Halloween has sure changed from when we were kids, I remember going out with my sisters and our friends and the streets would be so fall of trick or treaters it was crazy! I guess the parents tend to take the kids to parties and the mall rather than going door to door, plus we live in a bit older neighborhood so I guess the kids have all grown up now. Oh well I guess I'll just be forced to eat all those goodies myself, lol.

I have done a couple of layouts and a card since the last time I posted. This first one is a card I did using up some more of the Pink Paislee "Butterfly" collection that came  in the MCS May LE Kit. I saw this saying somewhere on the internet and I thought it would be perfect for an all occasion card. Used a bit of Gesso on the bottom and did some distressing. Added some pretty lace and pink pearls and of course a beautiful Prima flower.
This next layout is showing off one of my fish I caught when my DH and I went out fishing in July. I thought these Websters papers from one of the MCS LE kits I had would be perfect for this layout. I did a bit of fussy cutting of the papers and added some foam dots to pop up some of the goodies on the layout. I was actually quite pleased with it once I was all done. Don't you just love these fabric flowers from this Websters line, I just think they are so cute.
We had a challenge for October over at MCS to do stitching on our layouts - machine or by hand. I've just started to do this a bit on my layouts these days so I thought this would be a great time to start doing it more. I did this double page layout with some photos of my daughter and her boyfriend when they took my grandchildren (my son's kids) to Disneyland back in August. I did some machine stitching on the corners of the layout and then hand stitched a flourish down on the bottom right. The paper pieced Mickey Mouse and Tinkerbell were cut using my cricut machine and the Micky Mouse font cartridge and the Tinkerbell & Friends cartridges I have in my collection. I didn't do any distressing on this layout as I wanted a bit more clean type layout. I also hand made my flowers following Gabrielle Pollacco's water distressed flower tutorial. I also cut out the title using my cricut machine.


This last layout I did last night using a photo of my granddaughter (1st on the left) and her friends going to their first ever school dance (she's in grade 7). I'm feeling pretty old looking at this as it just seems like my son was that age not long ago and now he's 31! This old age thing sucks, lol. I used the Making Memories "Spellbound" collection from a few years ago that I had in my stash and this was also my entry into the big Fall contest that is going on over at the MCS Sketch Blog. I just turned the sketch sideways to accommodate my horizontal photo. You can get a lot of layouts done with this Spellbound kit and I still have a few of them plus the embellishments from the same collection over on my website here:  Scrappers Heaven and they're on for a really good price, so pop over and check it out! So here's the layout, I hope you like it and please, I love to hear any comments you have, so feel free to leave some love! :-) Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment