Friday, March 22, 2013

Box & Mini Album

Well I've been spending the last few days making a mini album and a box for it to go in. I actually started out with the box and went from there.This past January my dh and I celebrated our one year anniversary of quitting smoking. To help with not smoking my dh had purchased a couple of electronic cigarettes to help him out.  The boxes that they came in were quite sturdy and I thought these will be good for something down the road - you know how us scrappers hate to throw anything away, lol.
So this box is not really big, only 4¼" x 4", so the mini album wouldn't really be big either, only 3½" x 3¼". The box does have some depth to it so I was able to make the spine of the mini album 1½" and has 8 pages (4 front & back) to it. Because the mini album was so small I didn't do a whole lot of decorating of the pages as the photos I was using were only about 2¾" x 3". So I basically used bits of lace and small flowers that wouldn't make too much bulk to the album.
I'm making this for my daughter who is in University right now studying to be a Veterinarian. The album contains photos of all of the pets she has had and still has, so I'm really hoping she likes this, it can be her brag book of her fur-babies, lol.
For the box I used the Graphic 45 "Songbird" paper, the teal flowers and small pink rose buds I handmade, and the larger pink rose is Prima, the pearl flourish is from my stash that I picked up at the dollar store. I added some "Aqua" stickles to the teal petals and added some Dusty Attic leaves to the cluster. For the Mini album cover I used the Websters Western Romance collection "Love Letters" paper, using the lighter teal side. The flourish is from Tim Holtz grunge board which I've dyed with the Prima Teal ink chalk. I also used the same ink to dye my ribbon used to tie the mini album closed. The teal & pink flowers I handmade and added a little white scribbles paint here and there on the petals of the teal ones. The butterfly is courtesy of Lisa from Swirlydoos that I printed out and then added some glossy accents to it. The pearls are from my stash. For the inside pages of the mini album I used Webster's "Petite Papers" 6x6 collection pack. Here's a close up of the flower cluster on the box.
I hope you enjoyed looking at this mini I made and I am going to try to do a tutorial on how I made the Mini album with chipboard. Take care  and have a great weekend, TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment