Sunday, January 23, 2011

Been busy painting

Well I've been busy the last few days painting the front foyer in our house. We bought this house 5 years ago and all of the colors were pretty neutral. We painted our ensuite just before Christmas in a beautiful deep wine color. It just looked so nice I wanted to spend all my time in there. I decided the rest of the house looked so boring that I needed to do some more painting. I picked out this nice dark sort of navy blue color and wow, what a difference it made. It just looks so warm and inviting now and really sets off the oak stair case. I've posted a couple of pictures below.






I think I'm going to work on my craft room next. Maybe I can actually get it organized enough that I can find everything, lol.

Before I started doing the painting I did finally manage to finish off a layout that I started before we went to Las Vegas. I used some more goodies from the Dec LE Kit from MCS - and I still have lots left. This is a photo of these little snowmen that I've had for about 22 years. My son's school was selling them as a fundraiser and I thought their little faces were so cute I just had to buy them. Every year when I pull them out of the Christmas decorations to display they make me smile. I think because it reminds me of when my son was little - I still can't believe he's going to be 31 in March. When did I get so old, lol. Anyway here's the layout I did. TFL!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment