Saturday, November 19, 2016

The Boys

Well I've been digging through my paper stash trying to use up older papers before buying new papers. I've been pretty good so far in not buying new, she says giving herself a pat on the back, lol. The papers used in this layout was a scrap kit I bought about 7 or 8 years ago. Yea, I know I'm a pack rat, never throw anything out. These were perfect for this photo of my husband and our newest Grandson Liam. I guess not that new anymore since he will be turning one years old on December 2nd. Wow that went by so fast.

I used a green cardstock that matched the green in the papers almost perfectly. I matted the photo with a green cardstock just a bit darker than the background paper. I took the lighter blue paper and cut it approximately 3" x 12" and laid it out as shown in the photo. I cut three more pieces of the patterned paper and laid them out as shown in the photo. I added a doily as shown and also a couple of tags which were included in this kit. I added a Prima vine and my title "The Boys". I also tore the background cardstock and rolled it back, added a small orange piece of cardstock behind the tear and added a small rose bud that I made.  I distressed all of my papers and inked them. Here's the finished layout.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment