Thursday, September 29, 2016

Swirlydoos August Sketch

Although I am not able to purchase the Swirlydoos kits each month I still like to try out the sketch's using papers I have in my stash. I thought the August sketch for the tranquility kit would be perfect to do for a couple of photos of our grandson taken in July. Here's the sketch:
I used some papers I've had forever in my stash from Websters Pages "Park Drive" collection. I used the yellow "Blanket" paper for my first layer. I then took the green "Snacks" paper which I punched with one of my Martha Stewart punch around the page punches. As you can see by a couple of the corners I haven't quite mastered these punches yet, lol. I used lace, flowers and small pearl flourishes from my stash. I matted the photos with some yellow paper. There were journal cards in this collection that said "Today Was" so I cut them down in size and attached them to the back of the photos. I picked out a couple of words from my Tim Holtz small talk sticker book and attached them to these cards. One said "Beautiful" and the other "Extraordinary".  I then added a couple of stickers from the sticker pack that came with the paper pack. I tried to use papers that were quite bright to mimic the colors in Liam's play station. Here's the finished layout.
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment