Thursday, September 22, 2016

Eclectic

I'm still working on my ATC's for Swirlydoos "Not so RR". Week 4 of this challenge is Eclectic. Now I have to admit I have no idea what Eclectic is, apparently the meaning describes a combination of many different individual elements of styles, themes, mediums or inspirations pooled from many sources. I still don't really get it but here is my attempt at doing an Eclectic style ATC card.
For my background white card stock I used three different shades of blue Gelatos. I just rubbed the card stock with the Gelatos and then misted it with water and used my finger to blend the colors down the card. I then took one of my stencils and some molding past to make all of the different sized dots on the background paper. For my shabby look I distressed and inked the edges of the paper. For a bit of steampunk I added the metal silver heart and flower. I searched through my stash and found some Tim Holtz books of sayings and used three ones that I liked. I then added one of my handmade rosebuds and some blue rhinestones and called it done. What do you think, does this have an eclectic feel to it? Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment