Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ultimate Design Challenge Winner

So the winner of Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge was announced yesterday and the grand prize winner is Kathi Simmons - Congratulations Kathi!! Kathi's win was well deserved, her projects were all fabulous! You should pop on over to the Swirlydoos gallery and check out all of the beautiful entries!

So I decided I should dig into my Swirlydoos kit "Belle Chanson" and do a few layouts and tags. Last night I made another tag using the kit, I just love the teal color on some of the papers and Krissy very nicely added a teal chalk ink with the kit - I'm loving coloring my chipboard with it, lol. I just wanted to do another simple inspirational quote tag so off I went digging through my quotes that I have saved on my computer. Once I found the one I wanted I got to work on my tag.

I took a couple of pages out of an old romance type paperback novel and just tore them into different sized pieces. I took some Mod Podge and painted a layer over my tag. I then just laid the pieces down in no particular fashion. I didn't worry if I went over the edges of the tag as I would trim it all up after it was dry. I then painted over the tag with the Mod Podge again to seal it all. Once the tag was all dry I trimmed it all then used some vintage photo distress ink and inked all around the inner edge of the tag and then used the teal chalk ink & went around just the edge of the tag. I also used the teal ink on my script stamp and stamp down the left side of my tag.

I had some left over burlap in my stash so I took that piece and glued it onto my tag and then took a bit of gesso and painted a few spots of it onto my burlap in different areas. I then inked up my Tim Holtz flourish with the teal ink. While I was waiting for that to dry I made a couple teal flowers that I added a bit of glossy accents to and then dipped into some diamond dust to give them all that sparkle! I also stamped my teal ink onto my non-stick craft mat, added some water to it and then took a piece of my cream seam binding and soaked up all that luscious color and scrunched it up and left it to dry to tie onto my tag when I was finished. 

Once everything was dry I was able to glue the pieces onto my tag along with a little string bow I made. I then printed out my saying and cut it out and glued that onto the tag and tied my ribbon on and voila I was done! I hope you like it! TFL!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment