Monday, January 7, 2013

Another new week....

Well here we are at the start of another new week in January and apparently the days are getting longer by one minute a day. Come on spring hurry up!  

Since it is a new year I thought I would try something new. And "What is that?" do you ask! Well...it's using "Gelatos". Everyone was talking about Gelatos over at Swirlydoos forum. These apparently came in the Swirlydoos November Tech Kit and once I saw some of the tutorials on using them I thought I must try this. The gelatos come in a tube that looks much like a lip balm but when you open it it almost looks like a crayon. You can take the gelato and rub it on your craft mat, spritz it with a bit of water and all of a sudden it's like an ink. You could also just use it on a canvas, rub it back and forth across the canvas, spritz with a bit of water or a wet brush and it all starts to blend, really very cool! Below is my finished project and I was quite pleased at how the canvas background turned out. If you'd like to check out one of the tutorials, pop on over the Swirlydoos and check out the video that Lynn from the Swirlydoos Education Design Team came up with here: Gelato Tutorial
This next layout is a photo of my son taken in January of 2012 up at Mount Seymour in North Vancouver, BC. I was digging through all my papers to find a wintery one that would go with this photo. All of my wintery, snowy papers are more towards the blue type of papers. I ended up at my LSS and ended up picking these Bo Bunny papers that tend to lean more towards green/blue color. These worked good with the photo as my sons jacket was kind of a dark green/brown color. I hope you like it, here's the finished project!
  

1 comment: