Saturday, January 7, 2012

I've fallen in Love!

No, not with another man - one is enough, lol. It's Bo Bunny's beautiful "Snowfall" collection....I love, love, love this line - even more than last years "Snowy Serenade" line. With all it's pretty  glitter and snowflakes and shades of blues and browns, it's just so yummy! And of course I'm dying to get some pretty snowfall photos to scrap with it, but so far we haven't had any snow yet this winter - what the heck is that!? I know we don't get as much snow here on the West Coast of Canada as they do back east  but we usually get at least one or two days by now. Even in Alberta they are having unusually warmer weather than normal. The good thing about Bo Bunny papers, I find, is that you can pretty much use any of their lines for any type of photo. So I sat looking at a photo of my daughter and I taken in front of her Christmas tree and the photo just didn't go with the usual red & green colors of Christmas paper. Then I noticed the blue walls behind the tree and it hit me - I can use this beautiful Bo Bunny Snowfall papers! Yay!

Since there were browns in the photo I wanted to make sure I used the papers with browns in them also. I wanted to use, for the main background paper, the "Snowfall-Chill" paper but I decided to cut the sides of the paper that surrounded the pretty glitter framed section and then use the "Wintertime" piece behind the cut out "Chill" paper. Now sometimes it takes me awhile to catch on to things but I finally decided that I should do what other scrappers do and cut out the center of the "Wintertime" paper that would not be seen behind the "Chill" piece. What a great idea, why waste all this pretty paper that isn't going to be seen by anyone! I was then able to use the blue & white side of this cut out piece as one of my layers behind the photo.

So I used a piece of the Wintertime cut out and a piece of the "Snowdrift-Stripe" paper to layer behind the photo. I distressed the edges using my distress tool and then inked the edges with some blue ink that I had. I had a really pretty piece of blue with white polka dot ribbon that my granddaughter had given me for Christmas, so I took that and folded it and gave it a tail at either end and placed the edge of it just under the stripped paper. I then used this very pretty white sheer flower from Prima along with the pretty blue handmade flowers I made using my friend Paulien Van Den Bosch's tutorial to put in the left hand corner of the photo. I added a couple of white satin leaves and white satin rosebuds to the cluster. Added a blue glitter snowflake to the layout and added my title and there it was - my first layout with this beautiful paper line and no snow in the photo at all! 

I decided I would scrap another Christmas photo with this same pretty Bo Bunny paper using this cute photo of my granddaughter with her new hat on that she had got for Christmas. Looking at the photo I thought she looked like she was all ready to hit the ski slopes - hence my title "Snow Ready". For this layout I took a piece of the brown "Cabin" paper which had this really pretty blue glitter snowflake in one corner and I cut around the snowflake and then cut the snowflake in half. I used that piece along with the two sides of the "Wintertime" paper and the "stripe" paper to layer under the photo and I matted the photo with a piece of the blue side of the "Drift" paper. 

I decided I would make some water distressed flowers to embellish my layout using my friend Gabi's tutorial that you can find here: Water Distress Tutorial  These flowers are so simple to make and really look awesome when they are finished. I wanted to use both blue and brown for the flowers but I wanted each flower to have the two colors in it. So I made some blue ones with brown centers and brown ones with blue centers. After the flowers were dry I took some glossy accents and with a small paint brush just randomly wiped some of the glossy accents on the petals and then dipped the roses in some "Diamond Dust". I was quite pleased at how they turned out. I've added a closeup of the flowers so you can see them a bit better. I added a bit of white picket fence to the layout, a small piece of Queen & Company's felt fusion, a small white 3D butterfly and a blue glitter snowflake that I had in my stash. The title I cut out with my Cricut and overlapped them a bit to fit into the glitter frame on the paper.  You'll have to bare with the photo on the layout, my flash seems to make the photo look all grainy. Thanks for stopping by and I'd love to hear any comments you have on my layouts!

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment