Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve!

Wow the last day of 2011 - can you believe how fast the year has gone by! I arrived back home yesterday afternoon after having a wonderful Christmas with my kids and grandchildren. It's always so much fun to watch the young ones open up all of their gifts - and boy did they have a lot of gifts to open. I think they had about 4 Christmas's in one day. First the grandchildren were at their Mum's house Christmas Eve to open up presents Christmas morning. Then they were off to  my son's (their Dad) to open up presents there. After that my daughter picked them up to bring them to her house to open presents with us and then we dropped them back off at  my son's to open presents with their Grandad and his wife when they came over for dinner! I don't ever remember having that many gift openings when were kids, lol.

My daughter and her Dad and I went to my sisters place for a very yummy Christmas dinner of ham and all the fixings - I love it when someone else does the cooking, it always taste's better then mine, even if it had been just a piece of toast, lol.

On Dec 27th we had everyone to my daughters place for a huge turkey dinner and lots of yummy desserts. I think there was about 16 of us and my daughter did all the cooking, even making a couple of yummy pies with the crusts right from scratch - she definitely doesn't get that from me, lol! It was so great to visit with friends and family, some that I hadn't seen in over 6 years!

Tonight my DH and I are off to our friends place for a house party - hopefully we will last to actually ring in the New Year - it's funny how priorities change as we get older. I hope that everyone has an awesome and safe New Years Eve and a wonderful 2012!
Happy New Years Everyone!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment