Friday, December 9, 2011

Memory Boxes all done!

Yeah, I got them all done!! I was beginning to think I wouldn't get these done in time for next Christmas, never mind this Christmas, lol. Once I got going on these I had a lot of  fun making them and am quite pleased how they turned out. This first one here is the one I did for my Grandson using the Bo Bunny "Back to Backs" paper. I thought these papers would work for a boy box. I did have plans on wanting to get like a tiny little car to glue to the top of the box but all the ones that I found were metal and I figured after opening and closing the box a few times it would probably fall off and take some of the paper along with it, so I opted for using feathers and some die cut chipboard gears instead. So here is how it turned out.




 This next pretty one is for my son's girlfriends daughter (she's a little younger than my granddaughter). For this one I used these pretty pink papers from Teresa Collins "Posh" collection of papers. I used some tiny Prima rose buds and one of Prima's pretty roses with the glassy glitter on it. The other two pink ones and the black and pink one I made myself using Gabrielle Pollacco's water distressed flowers tutorial. You will see a link to Gabi's blog under my list of fav blogs I go to if you would like to make some of these. They are really simple to make and come out looking very pretty! I did take all of the hardware off of these boxes before putting any of the paper on them, which amazingly went very well putting it back on - the usually never happens for me, lol. The boxes I picked up at our local Dollar Store for $2.00 each so this makes very cute, in-expensive gifts. So here's the last one, I hope you like it!


 I hope you liked these and maybe give you a little inspiration to make your own. Remember I love to hear any comments you have! TFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment