Friday, December 9, 2011

Almost forgot....

I took a card class on Wednesday night at our local scrapbook store and I  just wanted to post some pics of the cards we made. I really like this first one, it was so simple but turned out really cute - you just have to bare with the fact that for some reason in my photo it looks like the white card stock is kind of dirty, but it's not in real life, so it must just be my camera. It's sort of hard to tell in the photo but the  little light bulbs are popped up with foam and underneath we've used one of those finger dobber's to dob some of the same color ink and  then kind of feathered it around to make it look like the bulb is glowing. My pen line for the lights wire is kind of not that good as my fingers being so numb from my MS they don't always go where I want them to, lol. Anyway, I think it's kind of cute, so here you go! ;-)

I really liked this second card we did using some holly die-cuts cut from different shades of green, some with glossy accents, and some with green and gold glitter. Some of the  holly I've popped up with foam. We just kind of glued the holly down in different spots around in a circle and then used some red stickles to make the berries. On the white background paper we used some Distress inks in "weathered wood" and "pine needles" and depending how much of each you used gave each card a little bit different look. I sent this one to my in-laws as I just thought it came out so pretty.

We did make another card which I'm sure some of you have heard of before - it's called the "never ending card". This card is just so cool how you can keep opening it with every flip of the paper. I'm going to try and take a video of it to show you how it opens (Not how to make it, but I will post a link to a tutorial on how to do them). I'll try and do this tomorrow if I can get my camera video to work. Well I'm off to make a few more Christmas cards and then hopefully I'll be done for this year at least. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment