Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy Hump Day

I finally got my May LE Kit from My Creative Scrapbook yesterday. There were just so many beautiful papers and embellishments, gorgeous Prima Flowers and ribbons just didn't know where to start. I knew I wanted to scrap this adorable photo I took of my friend's little granddaughter, Brooke, when I was down visiting. But what papers to use - they were all so pretty! I played around a bit and finally settled on what papers to use but then I had to figure out how to place them all. I had most of it laid out last night (but nothing stuck down yet) and finally decided to go to bed as I figured by morning it might all look better with a refreshed mind. When I looked at it again this morning it all seemed to come together quite well.
I did a lot of distressing on the different layers before taping it all down. I just adore this "Butterfly Garden" collection of paper from Pink Paislee - it just seems to call out to be distressed and used on wonderful sweet photos like this one I've used and for vintage photo's - well enough said there! Love, love love it! This kit also comes with this great package of matching die cuts with everything from birds & butterflies to bingo numbers and vintage phonographs. I can see a lot of cards being made with this collection! 


There were also these gorgeous big blooms and rose buds from Prima that came with the kit and I just put them into a big cluster in the right hand corner from the photo and then k ind of looped some of the pretty brown organza ribbon from the kit in between them all. With the die cut butterflies I folded them in half and then just put glue dot down the center so the would pop off the page more. I also used the Alphas that came with the kit and are from the same Pink Paislee paper line. They didn't stand out as well as I wanted so I took my fine tip black sharpie and went around each of the letters to make them stand out more. Now it wasn't until I was downloading the photo of my layout off of my camera when I realized I had totally laid the "a" in the title backwards and since I had already gone around all the letters with my sharpie I couldn't change it - so just pretend like you don't see that boo-boo okay, lol. After I was all done I was quite pleased with how it turned out. I hope you like it and thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment