Monday, November 29, 2010

The snow finally found us

I guess that will teach me for laughing when everyone else got it, lol. Last week on Wednesday night it finally started snowing here. The only problem was though is that because it had been so cold (-6 Celsius) as soon as the snow hit the roads it just turned into a big sheet of ice, which was not good for anyone driving in it. It snowed all night so I thought when we woke up on Thursday morning we would have at least 4 or 5 inches but there wasn't that much in the morning, maybe an inch or so. It kept snowing all day so by dinner time there was about 4 inches. I didn't go out of the house all day. Even my DH came home from work just before noon because there was no way with the weather that it would be dangerous loading and unloading big machines to the job sites plus the city was closing a number of roads because they were to steep to try to drive up them safely. It worked great for me because I didn't have to shovel the driveway, my DH did it. Anyways about 7:30 in the evening the temperature really started to warm up and the snow turned to rain, so by Friday morning it was just a slushy mess on the roads and now it's all gone - thank goodness!

One thing about being stuck in the house I was able to make a few more Christmas cards which I've posted down below. Two of them feature my own mouse drawn hedgehog, One of them is ice skating, the other is looking up at the big star in the sky. The other two feature a couple of the cute fairies from Charmed Cards & and Crafts. I used a lot of puffy paint and stickles glitter on the cards and used foam to pop up the hedgehogs and fairies for that 3D look. I think they turned out quite cute. Thanks for stopping by and having a peek at my cards. Hope everyone has a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment