Friday, November 19, 2010

Happy to be home...

I was happy to be home and in my own cozy bed this past Monday. I like going to the mainland to see all the family but I sure don't miss the crazy, busy place Richmond has become. Every time I go there is a new building or old ones torn down, the people are always rushing around like there is a big race going on. 

The craft fair wasn't to bad, but sales were down from the past few years. After talking to a number of other crafters everyone agreed that things were much slower. People just are not spending money the way they use to. I guess everyone is on a tight budget what with so many people out of work etc.

I did mange to finish another layout tonight, finally. I had the slows or something. This was a layout for the "Big Sketch" contest going on over at My Creative Scrapbook. I even managed to use some more of my October LE Kit from MCS. This is a couple of photos that my son took of my grandchildren when he took them to downtown Vancouver for dinner at Kobe's. That is one of those Japanese restaurants were they cook your food up in front of you, I wish we had one of those here in Campbell River because their food is always so yummy! You can't really tell in this photo that well but I took a duplicate piece of the background paper and cut out the two bottom corners and then used foam to pop them up on the layout. The flowers I made myself and the "bling" at the bottom of the page was some clear ones I  had in my stash and I took some of my Rangers ink to color them to match the layout. I'm quite happy with the way the layout turned out. TFL and I hope everyone has had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment