Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Family Time

I was digging around in some old photos and came across this photo of my two grandchildren when they came up to visit us in 2006 the summer after we moved up here to Campbell River on Vancouver Island. They were so little, I can't believe my granddaughter is graduating from grade 12 next month, where did the time go!

I've used the Blue Fern Studios papers from the Tranquility paper collection that came in the Swirlydoos August 2016 "Tranquility" Kit. I used the "Calm" paper from this collection as my background paper, I liked the blue color in the paper which I thought would go better with the blue in the photo. I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang "Whale Watch Blue" starburst spray on the background paper which went well with the blue in the paper. I distressed and inked the edges of the background paper and added a tear on the one side and rolled the paper back, added a small piece of paper behind the tear and added the small handmade rose bud. For my background layers I used pieces from the Jubilation, Patience, Peaceful and Calling Cards papers which I distressed and inked. I matted the photo and added cardboard to the back of it to pop it up. I added lots of Prima and Petaloo flowers from my stash as well as the "Family" title. the small wooden plaque came in the Swirlydoos kit and I just added the letters to it to finish off the title. I added some paper doilies, the little wooden clock and finished off the layout with white paint splatters. Here's the finished layout, I'd love to hear your comments!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment