Monday, June 13, 2016

OTP Project

Well my family got some good news this past couple of weeks. My son and his girlfriend bought their first house (which believe me is not any easy thing if you live in Vancouver, BC with the crazy prices) and they took possession on June 1st and my son had it all set up to propose to her when they walked into their new home. He had their 4 kids to make up poster board signs with each one completed the words "WILL YOU MARRY ME" and his real estate agent put them up for him so Angela would see them when she walked in. He also gave his real estate agent rose petals which he laid out in the shape of a heart, as she read the posters Chris walked her into the heart then knelt down on one knee and proposed. My son had told me about what he was going to do so I couldn't wait to hear from him, he finally sent me a text saying "She said Yes!!"  It just brought tears to my eyes!

Anyways I had seen this quote on Pinterest and it just fit this situation so I made a plaque for them to hang out in their new home. The quote is "May your home be a place where friends meet, family gathers & Love grows!"

I picked up this plaque at the local Dollar store and painted it white. Once it dried I glued lace all over it with Mod Podge then used some pink and blue Lindey's Stamp Gang inks over it here and there. I then dug through my flower stash and pulled out all my pink and blue flowers. I had some pretty white Prima flowers from their French Riviera collection. I just wanted them to have a touch of pink on the petals so I stamped some of my pink ink pad on my craft mat and spritzed it with water and took a fine point paint brush and just brushed the edges of the petals. I quite liked the way they turned out. I also added a bow with some seam binding that I had dyed and a pretty blue butterfly stick pin that I handmade. I printed out the quote on transparency film and trimmed it as close as could to the words and glued them onto the plaque. On the right hand side of the plaque I added part of a Prima vine and a small key with a heart that said Love.  I hope you like the end result. Click on the picture to see a larger view.
 Here are a couple of close ups.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment