Thursday, June 17, 2010

Busy week...

I got home from the mainland on Monday and all of a sudden it's Thursday evening, where did the days go to? It was raining here when I got home but since Tuesday the weather has been beautiful, warm and sunny - it's about time that summer showed up, lol.

I don't know about the rest of the sahm's and retirees but my week goes by my dh's work week and when he takes a holiday day in the middle of everything it totally confuses me (not that it takes much, lol). Yesterday at work they were really slow so he decided to leave work and use up some of his holiday hours to cover the day. So here he was back home at 10am, which totally screws up my day as I now have to work around him and what ever he is doing. One good thing was he got the lawn all mowed. I managed to get most of my housework done while he was doing that so that was good. We ended up wandering over to our neighborhood pub around the corner in the late afternoon and grabbed a bite to eat and visited with friends that we see there. It was just so nice to be able to sit out on the patio and soak up some vitamin D from the sun. Funny how everyone is always in such a good mood when the sun is shining.

Today after finishing off my house chores I was able to get out in the yard and weed eat and started cutting back branches from one of our fruit trees. It kind of hangs over the big sand box that we have in the yard (from the previous owners) so I thought it would be nice if the grand kids could actually play in it without get branches in their faces and possibly poking their eye out, lol. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be sunny again so I can get that all finished up before the next dump of rain.

Between getting unpacked and taking care of house chores I did manage to get one layout done.
Over at My Creative Scrapbook they had a great sketch for June and when I saw it I knew it would be perfect for these pictures I took of my grandson while I was on the mainland. Scott was jumping on the trampoline and trying to master the bum drop (when you land on your bum and then try to get back onto your feet without falling over). He was so cute when he finally managed to do it he just lifted his arms up in the air and gave himself a big cheer. So here is my take on the sketch. TFL and hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment