Thursday, March 22, 2018

Sweet

Here I am again with another layout using Prima's "Rose Quartz" paper collection. I thought it would go really well with this photo of me when I was 2years old. According to my Mum I was having a temper tantrum, which she was ignoring. It suddenly got quiet and when she turned around there I was asleep on the floor, lol. 

I picked out one of the lighter papers for my background. My first layering I took the black paper with the roses on it and tore it across on about a 45 degree angle and added it to the background paper. I then took some different papers in the collection to use for my other layers, one at 3½" x 7¼", one at 3½" x 3½" and the last one at 3¾" x 6". I distressed and inked all of  my papers and then laid them out different ways until I was happy with the design. Before I attached all the layers I added some pretty lace I had in my stash to one side of the paper as shown. I also added a small doily under the paper on the bottom right side, I had inked this all up with some pink ink I had in my stash. Before I added my flowers I matted my photo with some pink card stock from my stash and then added some cardboard to the back of the photo to pop it up. I added some flowers from the same paper collection, along with a few from my stash. I fussy cut out some of the feathers from one of the papers in the collection. I slit the feathers down each side to give them a bit more of a feather look and then tucked them under the flowers on the bottom left of the photo. I added this small chipboard fountain I had in my stash which I covered in white paint and then inked it up with some pink ink from my stash and added a couple of tiny flowers from Prima. I added my wooden title and to finish it all off I added some black paint splatters to the layout. 

I'm quite happy with how the layout turned out and I'd love to hear your comments on it! Thanks for stopping by, here's the finished layout (click on the photo to see a larger size)....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment