Sunday, February 4, 2018

Family Holiday

Another photo from our 2003 family holiday to Hawaii with my Dad. My Dad really liked the girls doing the dancing at the Luau we went to so he was pretty happy to get his photo taken with the girls, lol. 

For this layout I used the Prima "Rose Quartz" paper collection again. I absolutely love this paper collection, so many things that you can fussy cut out of the different papers. As you can see I did just that by fussy cutting feathers and roses out of the papers. I cut some different size rectangles from the papers and played around with the placement of them until I was happy with it. I distressed and inked all of the papers for the layout. I added some cardboard to the back of the photo to pop it up from the papers, this way you can tuck things underneath the photo which is what I did with the fussy cut feathers. I popped the fussy cut roses up with foam pop dots. The flowers and rose buds on the top left corner of the photo I made myself so that I could get the right shade of pink to match the pink in the papers. I inked the wood "Family" piece a bit darker pink. I haven't quite decided on the "holiday" word underneath the Family, I think I'm going to take it off and maybe do it a bit different. So here's the finished layout, I'd love to hear your comments....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment