Monday, March 3, 2014

Snowing still..........

Okay so we had a huge dump of snow the other weekend, Feb 22-24, over the three days we got about 13 or 14 inches! That is crazy snow for us here in southern British Columbia. Then the weather warmed up a lot and the snow was all melting from the roads & sidewalks and then what happens...we wake up to snow again yesterday here in Campbell River. Okay seriously? It's March 2nd and we get snow, this  morning the same thing...very unusual for this time of the year. Luckily it was melting on the roads so that was okay but I'm sending a letter of compliant to Mother Nature, when is spring coming!!


So with all this snow I figured I may as well start scrapping some more Christmas photos. These are a couple of photos of my son carving his "turkey masterpiece" on Christmas Day. For my background paper I used the Kaisercraft "Bellsnickle" paper from their St Nicholas collection and distressed all the edges. I cut the matching Christmas balls from the "Noel Baba" sheet from the same collection and used foam pop dots and layered them over top of the ones on the background paper and used some pretty gold trim to "hang" them from. I then cut the "Christmas Memories" banner piece from the Kaisercraft "Twelve Days" paper and pop it up with foam pop dots.

I then cut out the "Family" tag from the Bo Bunny Silver & Gold collection "Christmas Red" paper and the "Sugar Plum Shoppe" piece from the Bo Bunny Silver & Gold "Gift Shops" paper and distressed these and laid them down as shown in the photo. I matted my two photos with some deep red cardstock and laid them down on the layout. To finish the layout off I used a holly sprig and small red flower and attached them as shown. I hope you like the finished project and I would love to hear your comments! TFL! 

No comments:

Post a Comment